The HERE Traffic API v6 is planned for deprecation over the course of the next few months. The purpose of this migration guide is to help migrate Traffic API applications from version 6 to version 7.
For more information on the Traffic API, see the Traffic API v7 Developer's Guide and API Reference.
The Traffic API v7 offers the following advantages over the Traffic API v6:
- Advanced features available in some regions, including:
- Deep coverage
- Split lane traffic closures
- Arterial Turn Lane traffic
- High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane traffic
- Roadway shape points for all flow and incident events available
- Clearer data model, with improvements such as:
- Unified location referencing between Flow and Incidents data models
- Removal of redundant information