Public Transit Routing API v8
Public Transit Routing API v8 provides the most efficient and relevant transit routes between a given pair of locations. Based on WGS-84 compliant start and end points, request public transit routes making use of all available transit modes in a given city or metropolitan area.
/routes response consists of a series of sections, which represent legs of the route, with relevant information like
arrival time and
transport. Additional properties, such as the shape of the route encoded into the HERE flexible-polyline format, can be optionally requested.
Common uses of the Public Transit Routing API v8 include the following:
- define routes based on arrival or departure times
- filter specific transit modes, such as rail and metro only
- plan routes hours or days in advance
- set a maximum distance for the walk to the nearest transit stop/station or the speed of the walk
- define how many changes or transfers the journey may include
- request turn-by-turn navigation
- request route flexible-polyline in order to view the route over a map.
For more information on how to use the Public Transit Routing API v8, see how to Send a Request and consult one of the following examples: