Welcome to the Developer's Guide for the HERE SDK for Flutter, version 188.8.131.52 (Explore Edition). Here you can find all necessary information to start building immersive location-aware apps for iOS and Android today!
Due to the rapid development of Dart and Flutter also our HERE SDK APIs may change for new releases without prior notice or a deprecation process. We expect that this will happen only for rare exceptional cases - if at all. For the majority of cases the HERE SDK for Flutter will follow a deprecation process and upcoming breaking changes will be communicated via Release Notes and in the API Reference documentation.
Why Use the HERE SDK for Flutter?
The new HERE SDK for Flutter enables you to build powerful map applications for iOS and Android from a single codebase written in Dart. Bundled along with it are many HERE assets, available for customers to integrate with their own apps. It consumes data from the HERE platform incorporating microservices and highly modularized components. The HERE SDK for Flutter belongs to the HERE SDK product family, which also includes the HERE SDK for iOS and the HERE SDK for Android.
- Backed by more than 30 years of expertise in mapping technology, the new lightweight HERE SDK for Flutter provides you with instant access to the freshest map data of the highest quality, consistency and accuracy.
- Build captivating native applications and benefit from one of the world’s most accurate and interactive map data that is captured via a comprehensive and precise industrial process with the HERE True vehicles.
- Explore maps that are fast and smooth to interact with, pan/zoom across map views of varying resolutions, and enable the display of various elements such as routes and POIs on highly customizable map views.
What is the Best Edition for Me?
We have made the HERE SDK for Flutter available in two different editions:
- Explore Edition: A subset of the Navigate Edition.
- Navigate Edition: The most feature rich edition that includes premium features such as turn-by-turn navigation and other premium features.
A few of the premium features that are available exclusively as part of the Navigate Edition:
- Offline map data as downloadable countries or regions, offline search and offline routing.
- Advanced HERE positioning.
- Private venues.
For a comparison of all available features for each edition, please check the feature matrix available on developer.here.com.
Both, the Explore Edition and the Navigate Edition, include the HERE Rendering Engine which offers visually appealing true 3D maps that provide a smooth map experience and highly performant map rendering tailored for high-end devices. Benefit from premium features such as multiple map view instances, an integrated tool chain for map customization, full 3D camera control and seamless map scheme switches.
The above screenshot shows a custom map style configuration made with the HERE Style Editor.
If you are still unsure what edition you should choose, try to answer the following questions:
- Do you want to offer the best and most advanced map experience of all HERE SDK editions, but you do not need any of the additional premium features? Then you might want to choose the Explore Edition.
- Does your app rely on any of the available premium features? Choose the Navigate Edition.
A more detailed overview of the available features of this edition can be found in the feature list.
In addition, the 4.x version of the HERE SDK is available as Lite Edition, natively for iOS and Android, featuring a light-weighted map renderer optimized for older and less powerful devices. You can learn more about all available HERE SDKs on developer.here.com.
For now, the Navigate Edition is only available upon request. Please contact us to receive access including a set of evaluation credentials. Note that the HERE SDK package for the Navigate Edition is only available for customers who have signed a commercial contract via the HERE platform portal.