This section provides information to help you start using the SDK for Android.
- This service is no longer being actively developed. We will only provide critical fixes for this service in future. Instead, use the new HERE SDK 4.x
- HERE Premium SDK (3.x) is superseded by new 4.x SDK variants and the Premium SDK will be maintained until 31 December 2023 with only critical bug fixes and no feature development / enhancements.
- Current users of the HERE Premium SDK (3.x) are encouraged to migrate to Explore or Navigate HERE SDK (4.x) variants based on licensed use cases before 31st Dec 2023. Most of the Premium SDK features are already available in the new SDK variants.
- To learn how to migrate from HERE Premium SDK (3.x) to HERE SDK (4.x), see the migration guide.
- Onboarding of new customers for Premium SDK is not possible.
Obtain the SDK
To obtain SDK for Android, follow these steps:
- Visit developer.here.com and click on Get Started for Free.
- Register or sign in to your HERE Account.
- Agree to HERE Terms and Conditions.
- On the Platform Activation screen find the section for SDK for Android Premium Edition and click on Generate App ID and App Code to obtain your app credentials and the SDK download link.
- Follow the link to download SDK for Android as a Zip package.
For the full authentication story, see the Identity & Access Management Developer Guide.
After you have downloaded and extracted the Zip package, follow one of the next tutorials to begin using the SDK.